1. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on April 1, 2019 launched which satellite?
2. The Bank of Baroda became the third largest lender of India by merging with which two banks?
a) RBL Bank and Vijaya Bank
b) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
c) RBL Bank and IDBI Bank
d) IDBI Bank and Dena Bank
3. Which country on April 1, 2019 declared ‘Reiwa’ as the name of its new imperial era?
4. The Government constituted a Multi Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG) for which state?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Jammu & Kashmir
5. Which Indian label bagged the spot of No. 1 YouTube Channel recently?
b) SET India
c) Speed Records
d) Zee Music Company
6. Which country has agreed to issue equivalency to all Indian degrees?
b) Saudi Arabia
7. Zuzana Caputova has been elected as the first female president of which nation?
8. India renewed its Triangular Development Cooperation in Asia and Africa with which nation?
a) United States
9. Which state celebrated its 84th foundation day on April 1, 2019?
a) West Bengal
10. Who won the men’s singles title at the Yonex-Sunrise India Open badminton tournament?
a) Kento Momota
b) Viktor Axelsen
c) Kidambi Srikanth
d) Viktor Axelsen
e) Chen Long
1. (a) EMISAT
Indian space agency, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on April 1, 2019 launched the electronic intelligence satellite EMISAT along with 28 other satellites of global customers. Emisat was launched into an altitude of 749 km orbit, while the 28 satellites were launched at an altitude of 504 km orbit.
2. (b) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank became a part of the Bank of Baroda on April 1, 2019, leading to the creation of the India’s second largest Public Sector Bank after the SBI and India’s third largest lender overall after the SBI and ICICI Banks with a total business of more than Rs 14.82 lakh crore.
3. (c) Japan
Japan on April 1, 2019 declared that ‘Reiwa’ would be name of the new imperial era to begin on May 1, when Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne. He will succeed his father, Emperor Akihito, who is abdicating on April 30, ending the 31-year ‘Heisei’ era.
4. (d) Jammu & Kashmir
The Government on March 29, 2019 constituted a Multi Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG) to ensure concerted action against terror financing and other terror related activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
5. (a) T-Series
Indian film and music production house, T-Series managed to become the world’s No.1 YouTube channel by defeating Swedish YouTuber ‘PewDiePie’ channel. T-Series garnered over 91,774,917 subscribers while PewDiePie subscribers stood at 91,705,546 by the end of March 2019.
6. (c) UAE
The UAE Education Ministry has agreed to accept Indian academic and professional certificates after the Indian side issued clarification on the issue of the external and internal marks mentioned in mark lists. The UAE government had earlier rejected the equivalency of some Indian degrees due to lack of clarity about the fact that some of the Indian universities issue both internal and external mark sheets as part of their degrees.
7. (d) Slovakia
Zuzana Caputova has been elected as the first female President of Slovakia. The 45-year-old lawyer and anti-corruption activist won 58.40 per cent of the votes in the polls conducted on March 30, 2019. Caputova’s vote margin was much higher than her high-profile opponent, European Commission Vice President Maros Sefcovic from the governing party, who could only bag 41.59 per cent of the votes.
8. (a) United States
India and the United States have signed the first amendment to the Statement of Guiding Principles (SGP) on triangular cooperation for global development. The SGP agreement, which was signed in November 2014, underscores the contribution of India-US partnership to global stability and prosperity. It provides a framework for promoting cooperation between the two countries to meet the developmental aspirations of partner countries, particularly in Asia and Africa.
9. (c) Odisha
Odisha celebrated its 84th foundation day on April 1, 2019. The day is also known as ‘Utkal Divas.’ Odisha was the first state to be formed on linguistic basis in 1936. Earlier, the state was a part of Bihar.
10. (b) Viktor Axelsen
Former champion Kidambi Srikanth lost in straight games to former world champion Viktor Axelsen of Denmark at the Yonex-Sunrise India Open badminton tournament in New Delhi on March 31, 2019. Srikanth blew two game points in the second game to lose 7-21, 20-22 to Axelsen in the men’s singles summit clash. It was Srikanth’s first final in a BWF world tour event in 17 months. He had last won a title at the 2017 French Open.
1. Which country has approved the sale of 24 MH 60 Romeo Seahawk helicopters to India?
2. Which country has announced new process of visa facilitation for expat families?
a) Saudi Arabia
3. The United Nations has appointed Nicholas Koumjian as the investigation head for which nation?
a) North Korea
4. India has gained access to supplies of Lithium Carbonate from which nation?
5. India has promised to support which nation’s candidacy as a non-permanent member of the UNSC for the term 2029 – 2030?
6. The third edition of ‘AUSINDEX-19’, bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy, began in which city?
7. India on April 2, 2019 signed an agreement with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) for setting up the agriculture institute in which African country?
8. According to which report, India and China have collectively accounted for more than 50% of global five million deaths due to air pollution?
a) Air Pollution and World-2019
b) State of Global Air-2019
c) Statistics of Air-2018-19
d) Human life and air pollution-2019
9. What is the name of a 260-feet long suspension bridge recently made by Indian Army in record 40 days at Leh?
a) Rural Bridge
b) Maitri Bridge
c) Suvidha Bridge
d) Sampark Bridge
10. Interaction on Trade and Economic Cooperation with Oceania Countries was held at which place recently?
d) New Delhi
1. (c) US
The United States has approved the sale of 24 multi-role MH-60 ‘Romeo’ Seahawk helicopters to India at an estimated cost of 2.4 billion US dollars. The MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopter is considered to be the world’s most advanced maritime helicopter. The helicopters are designed to hunt down submarines, as well as knock out ships and conduct search-and-rescue operations at sea.
2. (d) UAE
The United Arab Emirates has announced new visa guidelines as per which family members of foreign citizens, including Indians, working in the country will now be able to get an expat visa if the working relative fulfils income criteria.
3. (b) Myanmar
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Nicholas Koumjian of the US as head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar. Koumjian will be the first head of the Myanmar mechanism, which was established by the Human Rights Council on September 27, 2018.
4. (a) Bolivia
India and Bolivia have agreed to forge mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India. The nations have also agreed to facilitate mechanisms for the commercialisation of Lithium Carbonate and Potassium Chloride produced in Bolivia.
5. (b) Chile
During Indian President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Chile, the Chilean side reiterated its support for India’s candidature for permanent membership in a reformed and expanded UN Security Council and reaffirmed its support for India’s candidacy as a non-permanent member for the term 2021 – 2022. India also reiterated its endorsement of Chile’s candidacy to the UNSC for the term 2029 – 2030.
6. (a) Visakhapatnam
The third edition of ‘AUSINDEX-19’ (Australia India Exercise), bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy, began on April 2, 2019 with the arrival of Royal Australian Navy’s fleet at Visakhapatnam.
7. (a) Malawi
India on April 2, 2019 signed an agreement with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Consultancy Service (NABCONS) for setting up the India-Africa Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development (IAIARD) in Malawi, a landlocked country in southeastern Africa.
8. (b) State of Global Air-2019
Two US based institutes Health Effects Institute (HEI) and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) recently released a detailed report on quality of the global air with title, “State of Global Air 2019”. Report says that India and China have collectively accounted for more than fifty percent of global 5 million deaths due to air pollution.
9. (b) Maitri Bridge
The Indian Army has successfully built the longest (260-feet long) suspension bridge ‘Matiri Bridge’ over the Indus River in the Leh-Ladakh region in record 40 days. Suspension Bridge constructed over Indus River by Combat Engineers ‘Fire & Fury Corps’.
10. (d) New Delhi
Interaction on trade and economic cooperation with ambassadors and high commissioners of European and Oceania countries took place in New Delhi recently.
1. Which country recently honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration Zayed Medal?
a) United Arab Emirates
b) South Korea
c) Saudi Arabia
2. The Reserve Bank of India fixed the Repo Rate at what percent in its First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20?
3. Which country recently introduced harsh sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death?
4. Which city will host the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019?
a) New Delhi
5. How many Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) were signed by the Central Board of Direct Taxes in March 2019?
6. Which institute has recently found a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria?
a) Centre for Science and Earth
b) National Science and Nano-technology Institute
c) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology
d) All India Institute of Medical Sciences
7. Which country is going to launch 5G Network for first time in the world?
d) South Korea
8. Reliance Jio has acquired which chatbot start-up company in Rs. 230 cr recently?
9. When the International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed every year?
a) 3 April
b) 4 April
c) 5 April
d) 6 April
10. India recently gained access to the supplies of Lithium Carbonate from which country?
b) S Korea
1. (a) United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 4, 2019 honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his “pivotal role” in strengthening ties between the two nations.
2. (b) 6.00%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 4, 2019 released its First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20. After assessing the current and evolving macroeconomic situation in the economy, the six member- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to reduce the policy Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6 percent from 6.25 percent with immediate effect.
3. (c) Brunei
Brunei introduced harsh new sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death. The new measures also cover a range of other crimes, including punishment for theft by amputation. The laws make Brunei the first in Southeast Asia to have a sharia penal code at the national level.
4. (b) Gurugram
The NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 will be held during November 27 – 29, 2019 at Manesar, Gurugram. The Summit will be organised by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
5. (a) 18
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into 18 Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) includes 3 Bilateral APAs (BAPAs) in March 2019. With the signing of these APAs, the Indian Advance Pricing Agreement regime moved forward with total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT in the year 2018-19 stands at 52, including 11 BAPAs.
6. (c) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology
Scientists at the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) have discovered a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria and hence, offers a potential for a new drug delivery route to arrest the anti-bacterial resistance.
7. (d) South Korea
South Korea will launch world’s first 5G mobile networks. It would be a transformational leap that already has USA and China sparring for control of an innovation that could potentially change the day-to-day lives of billions of people.
8. (b) Haptik
India’s telecom company Reliance Jio has acquired chatbot making startup Haptik recently. In the Rs 700-crore deal, Rs 230 crore will go for business transfer and Rs 470 crore will go towards expansion.
9. (b) 4 April
International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed across the world on 4 April to foster the establishment and development of national mine-action capacities in countries where mines and explosive remnants of war constitute a serious threat to the safety, health and lives of the civilian population
10. (a) Bolivia
India and Bolivia agreed to forge mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India.
1. Which country has deployed a new missile destroyer, frigate in its anti-piracy fleet?
a) Sri Lanka
2. The Indian Army discovered the wreckage of a World War II aircraft from which Indian state?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
3. As per National Green Tribunal, which state only treats 49 per cent of wastewater before dumping it in the Ganga?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
4. Scientists belonging to which nation have discovered a possible death switch mechanism in plants?
a) United States
5. Which nation has topped the latest FIFA rankings of 2019?
6. When the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed every year?
a) 5 April
b) 6 April
c) 7 April
d) 8 April
7. Which city will host the Nepal-India Franchise Investment Expo and Conclave 2019?
a) New Delhi
8. When the World Heath Day is observed every year?
a) 6 April
b) 7 April
c) 8 April
d) 9 April
9. Where were the 7th Foreign Office consultations between India and Italy held?
a) New Delhi
10. Which Indian personality was recently honoured with UAE’s highest decoration Zayed Medal?
a) Ram Nath Kovind
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Narendra Modi
d) Aamir Khan
1. (c) China
China has deployed its new guided missile destroyer and frigate in the fleet of naval ships participating in anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden and Somalian coast in the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean. The naval fleet includes the guided-missile destroyer Xi’an, the missile frigate Anyang and the comprehensive supply ship Gaoyanghu.
2. (a) Arunachal Pradesh
The Indian Army has discovered the wreckage of a World War II vintage US Air Force aircraft in Arunachal Pradesh’s Roing district. The Indian Army had sent a 12- memberspecial patrol to locate the debris, which was covered by thick undergrowth and buried under five feet of snow. The debris was located in a remote location, 30 kms from Roing.
3. (b) West Bengal
The National Green Tribunal has directed the West Bengal state government to submit a quarterly report on the issue of solid waste management. According to the green panel, the state only treats 49 percent of the wastewater before dumping it into the Ganga River.
4. (d) China
The Chinese scientists have discovered a possible death switch mechanism in plant’s immune system that triggers infected cells to self-destruct, thus limiting the spread of the disease and keeping other parts of the plant healthy.
5. (a) Belgium
In the latest FIFA rankings released on April 4, 2019, India climbed up two places to reach the 101st position. Belgium topped the rankings list followed by France at the 2nd position and Brazil at the 3rd position. England and Croatia interchanged their positions as the former was able to rise by one spot to reach the 4th position while Croatia is on the 5th spot
6. (b) 6 April
The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) was observed across the world on April 6, 2019. The date commemorates the inauguration of the first ever Olympic games of the modern era in Athens, Greece in 1896.
7. (c) Kathmandu
The Nepal-India Franchise Investment Expo and Conclave will be held during May 15-16, 2019 in Kathmandu. The conclave will be organised by the Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) in association with Embassy of India and Franchise India.
8. (b) 7 April
The World Health Day was observed across the world on April 7, 2019. The day marked the 71st anniversary of the World Health Organisation. The Day is celebrated around a specific health theme every year to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization.
9. (a) New Delhi
The 7th Foreign Office consultations between India and Italy were held in New Delhi. The Indian side was led by Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs, A. Gitesh Sarma. The Italian side was led by Director General of Global Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy, Luca Sabbatucci.
10. (c) Narendra Modi
The United Arab Emirates on April 4, 2019 honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his “pivotal role” in strengthening ties between the two nations.