1. The 12th biennial edition of International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition ‘Aero India 2019’ culminated recently. The show was held at which station of India Air Force?
a) Air Force Station Yelahanka
b) Air Force Station Palam
c) Air Force Station Hindon
d) Air Force Station Lucknow
2. PM Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana for the farmers’ welfare recently. How much income support will be provided in a year to farmers under the scheme?
a) Rs 9000
b) Rs 6000
c) Rs 4000
d) Rs 2000
3. Which movie won the Oscars 2019 in Best Documentary – Short Subject category?
c) Period. End Of Sentence
d) Free Solo
4. Which movie won the ‘Best Picture’ award at the 91st Academy Awards (Oscars)?
a) Bohemian Rhapsody
b) The Favourite
d) Green Book
5. Which song won the Oscars 2019 in the Best Original Song category?
b) All The Stars
c) I’ll Fight
d) The Place Where Lost Things Go
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 25, 2019 dedicated the National War Memorial to the nation. The Memorial is located in which city?
b) New Delhi
7. Which actress recently was named as the brand ambassador of the Swasth Immunised India campaign?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Alia Bhatt
c) Kareena Kapoor Khan
d) Sonam Kapoor
8. Which city hosted the Future of Indian Banking Conference?
d) New Delhi
1. (a) Air Force Station Yelahanka
The Aero India 2019 culminated on February 24, 2019 at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bengaluru. More than 600 Indian Companies and 200 Foreign Companies participated and witnessed the largest Air show of Asia. The total area of the show grew from 27,678 sq m to 28,398 sq m this year.
2. (b) Rs 6000
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 24, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. Under the Scheme, all Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF) with combined land holding or ownership of up to 2 hectares of cultivable land will be provided with income support of Rs 6000 per year.
3. (c) Period. End Of Sentence
The ‘Period. End Of Sentence’, a film on menstruation set in rural India, won the Oscar in the Documentary – Short Subject category at the 91st Academy Awards. The film has been directed by Rayka Zehtabchi and produced by Indian producer Guneet Monga’s Sikhya Entertainment.
4. (d) Green Book
The 91st Academy Awards, popularly known as Oscar Awards, were conferred on February 24, 2019 (February 25 as per Indian time). The ‘Green Book’ won in the Best Picture category; while ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, nominated for five Oscars, won the most Oscars at the award show.
5. (a) Shallow
The song “Shallow” from “A Star Is Born” won the Oscars 2019 in the Best Original Song category. The music and lyrics of the song were given by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt.
6. (b) New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 25, 2019 dedicated the National War Memorial to the nation in a solemn ceremonial function in New Delhi. The National War Memorial complex includes a central obelisk (pillar), an eternal flame, and six bronze murals depicting famous battles fought by Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.
7. (c) Kareena Kapoor
Acclaimed actress Kareena Kapoor Khan became the brand ambassador of the Swasth Immunised India campaign to spread awareness among parents about child vaccination to help prevent the future generation from life-threatening diseases. The campaign has been launched by Serum Institute of India (SII) in association with Network18.
8. (d) New Delhi
NITI Aayog co-hosted a conference on “The Future of Indian Banking” on February 22, 2019 in New Delhi with the Foundation for Economic Growth and Welfare (EGROW Foundation). The conference aimed to increase and elevate the discourse on the banking sector in India, and help develop insights to inform the continued evolution of the Indian banking sector.
1. How many judges constitute the Supreme Court bench that is hearing the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case?
2. Which country began exporting goods to India for the first time through Chabahar port on February 24, 2019?
3. The Delhi government presented a budget worth how many crores on February 26, 2019?
a) Rs 70,000 cr
b) Rs 55,000 cr
c) Rs 60,000 cr
d) Rs 66,000 cr
4. Which among the following nations voted on February 25, 2019 for a new constitution?
5. US President Donald Trump has decided to extend the March 1 deadline to escalate tariffs on which country’s imports?
6. The Haryana government has presented how much tax free budget for the fiscal year 2019-20?
a) Rs 1.32 lakh crore
b) Rs 2.43 lakh crore
c) Rs 1.50 lakh crore
d) Rs 3.50 lakh crore
7. India’s 4th white cement plant will be established in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
8. Two new National Institutes of Design have been established in which two cities?
a) Dispur and Hyderabad
b) Kochi and Jamshedpur
c) Bhagalpur and Ranchi
d) Bhopal and Jorhat
9. Which city hosted the 4th ‘Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’?
c) New Delhi
10. Who has launched the Rail Drishti dashboard to bring transparency in Indian Railways?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Piyush Goyal
c) Narendra Modi
d) M Venkaiah Naidu
1. (a) Five
A Supreme Court Constitution Bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi on February 26, 2019 started hearing the politically sensitive Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case. The new five-judge bench, also comprising justices SA Bobde, DY Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and SA Nazeer, is expected to fix a date to begin the hearings and prepare a schedule for them.
2. (b) Afghanistan
Afghanistan on February 24, 2019 began exports to India through the Chabahar port in Iran. This is the first time Afghanistan has exported goods to India bypassing the Pakistan route.Twenty-three trucks carrying 570 tonnes of dried fruits, textiles, carpets and mineral products were dispatched from the western Afghan city of Zaranj to Chabahar in Iran.
3. (c) Rs 60,000 cr
The Delhi government presented a 60,000 crore rupee budget for 2019-20 in the state assembly on February 26, 2019. Presenting the budget, Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Manish Sisodia said that 26 per cent of total budget have been earmarked for education.
4. (d) Cuba
In Cuba, voters on February 25, 2019 took part in a referendum on a new constitution that expands recognition of private property. The referendum contained only yes or no options. The new constitution, replacing the 1976 version, recognises a limited role for the free market and private investment, but only under the control of the Communist Party. It also enshrines socialism as the country’s only ideology.
5. (b) China
US President Donald Trump has said he will extend a deadline to escalate tariffs on Chinese imports that were scheduled to go into effect from March 1. The US President said he will be planning a summit with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago to finalise the trade agreement. US and Chinese negotiators met through the weekend as they seek to resolve a trade war that rattled financial markets.
6. (a) Rs 1.32 lakh crore
Haryana Finance Minister Capt Abhimanyu presented the Rs 1, 32,165.99 crore tax free budget for 2019-20 in the State Assembly on February 25, 2019. It is 14.73 percent over Budget Estimates and 9.79 percent over revised estimates of 2018-19. Over Rs. 46, 000 crore have been allocated to 15 sustainable development goals being implemented in the state.
7. (a) Andhra Pradesh
Under its diversification programme, FCI Aravali Gypsum and Minerals India Limited (FAGMIL) has taken up a project to establish a white cement plant near village Nohra Dhar in Sirmourdistrict, Himachal Pradesh, at a project cost of approximately Rs 605 crores. It will be the 4th white cement plant in the country. The plant is expected to be commenced by the year 2022.
8. (d) Bhopal and Jorhat
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, inaugurated National Institutes of Design (NID) at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jorhat in Assam through video conference from New Delhi on February 22, 2019. In total, four new NIDs have been set up in Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra) with a total outlay of Rs. 434 crore.
9. (c) New Delhi
J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’ in New Delhi on February 25, 2019. The Global Digital Health Partnership is an international collaboration of governments, government agencies and multinational organisations dedicated to improving the health and well-being of their citizens through the best use of evidence-based digital technologies.
10. (b) Piyush Goyal
The Union Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal has launched the Rail Drishti dashboard that will bring information from various sources on a single platform and give access to key statistics and parameters to every citizen of the country.
1. United States President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will hold the second summit in which country?
b) South Korea
2. India will be conducting a joint military exercise ‘Exercise Sampriti 2019’ with which country?
a) Sri Lanka
3. As announced in the Interim Budget 2019-20, the 22nd All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will be set up in which state?
4. Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot on February 27, 2019 launched the ‘2nd Edition of ISL Dictionary for people with which impairment?
a) People with speech disability
b) Visually impaired persons
c) Hearing impaired persons
d) All of the above
5. Which state on February 27, 2019 approved 10 percent quota for economically weaker sections in general category?
b) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which state has launched PRANAM commission to protect parents of state government employees?
7. ISRO would be launching which satellite for DRDO in March 2019?
c) PSAT- V
8. The Indian Air Force in a recent retaliatory move destroyed the biggest JeM training camp in Balakot. The town is located in which among the following Pakistani provinces?
c) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
9. The Inland Waterways Authority of India has signed a MoU with which oil corporation to fulfill the fuel needs for national waterways?
c) GAIL India
10. Which former cricketer has been banned from cricket for a period of two years?
a) Sanath Jayasuriya
b) Shane Warne
c) Imran Khan
d) Shahid Afridi
1. (a) Vietnam
United States President Donald Trump will hold the second summit with the North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un in Vietnam on February 27-28, 2019 as part of his administration’s ongoing endeavours to denuclearise North Korea. Vietnam’s Hanoi will be hosting the second summit. Vietnam has diplomatic ties with both Washington and Pyongyang.
2. (b) Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh will be conducting a joint military exercise, ‘Exercise Sampriti 2019’ at Tangail, Bangladesh from March 2 to March 15, 2019. This will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
3. (c) Haryana
As announced in the speech of Interim Budget 2019, the AIIMS Rewari will be 22nd AIIMS to come up in the country and the first in Haryana. The site for this AIIMS has already been finalised at Manethi in Rewari, Haryana. Like other AIIMS in the country, the AIIMS Rewari will also be set up under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
4. (c) Hearing impaired persons
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot on February 27, 2019 launched the ‘2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary’. The second edition of dictionary includes total 6000 words under the categories of academic, legal, medical, technical and everyday terms.
5. (a) Bihar
Bihar Government issued notification on February 27, 2019 to provide 10 percent quota for weaker sections in general category in jobs and educational institutions. The reservation is meant for individuals whose annual earning is below 8 lakh rupees and who possess less than 5 acres of agriculture land.
6. (d) Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched the PRANAM Commission, which is a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a bill brought in for the protection of parents of state government employees. The PRANAM bill aims to ensure that no state government employee ignores their elderly parents and unmarried differently-abled siblings.
7. (b) Emisat
The Indian Space Research Organisation would be launching an electronic intelligence satellite Emisat for Defence Research and Development Organisation in March 2019. In the special mission, ISRO would also be launching 28 third party satellites and demonstrate its new technologies.
8. (c) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
In retaliation to the deadly Pulwama terror attack, the Indian Air Force fighter jets crossed the line of control in the early hours of February 26, 2019 and attacked the biggest Jaish-e-Mohammed training camp in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan.
9. (b) IOCL
The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on February 26, 2019 for jointly developing infrastructure for fuels, lubricating oil, LPG, natural gas and any other related fuel and gas for meeting the requirement of national waterways.
10. (a) Sanath Jayasuriya
Former Sri Lanka Cricket captain Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from cricket for two years. In a statement on February 26, ICC said Jayasuriya admitted to breaching two counts of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. The charges include refusal to cooperate with an Anti Corruption Unit (ACU) investigation, obstructing or delaying the investigation.
1. How many countries have ratified the Geneva Convention?
2. Which state is going to get a new Railway zone?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
3. The second edition of Indian Sign Language Dictionary comprises how many words?
a) 5000 words
b) 7000 words
c) 10000 words
d) 6000 words
4. Which player was honoured with Asian Hockey Federation’s Player of the Year award?
a) Harmanpreet Singh
b) Birendra Lakra
c) Akashdeep Singh
d) Manpreet Singh
5. Who is currently the highest-ranked Indian singles tennis player?
a) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
b) Yuki Bhambri
c) Ramkumar Ramanathan
d) Rohan Bopanna
6. When the National Science Day is observed every year?
a) February 25
b) February 26
c) February 27
d) February 28
7. Indian Railways on February 27, 2019 launched a new facility for rail passengers to view which information online?
a) Train Charts
b) Vacant Berths
c) Both (a) & (b)
d) None of the above
8. Which Ministry on February 27, 2019 launched the ‘Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills’ (SHREYAS) for providing industry apprenticeship opportunities to fresh graduates of 2019?
a) Ministry of Human Resources Development
b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
c) Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises
d) Ministry of Youth Affairs
9. Which state recently declared Monkeys a Vermin species for next one year?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 in which field?
a) Science & Technology
c) Education & Skill Development
1. (c) 196
The Geneva Conventions are a set of international treaties agreed to between 1864 and 1949 that establish the standards of international law for humanitarian treatment in case of war. The conventions were ratified, in whole or with reservations, by 196 countries across the world.
2. (a) Andhra Pradesh
Southern Coast Railway will be a new zone of the Indian Railways. This new 18th railway zone of the country will be headquartered at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh. The new zone will comprise the existing Guntakal, Guntur and Vijayawada divisions that currently fall under the South Central Railway.
3. (d) 6000 words
Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot on February 27, 2019 launched the 2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary in New Delhi. The dictionary includes six thousand words under the categories of academic, legal, medical, technical and everyday terms.
4. (d) Manpreet Singh
The Asian Hockey Federation has honoured Indian skipper Manpreet Singh with the 2018 Player of the Year award. Women team’s striker Lalremsiami has bagged the Rising Player of The Year prize. Manpreet had led the Indian team to an unbeaten streak at the Asian Champions Trophy in Muscat where the team was declared joint winners with Pakistan.
5. (a) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
In Tennis, India’s Prajnesh Gunneswaran achieved his career-best ranking, rising three places to 94th in the latest list. Ramkumar Ramanathan dropped nine spots to 137, while Yuki Bhambri further slipped to 171. In doubles rankings, Rohan Bopanna remained at 38th and Divij Sharan at 39th, while Leander Paes jumped two spots to 73rd.
6. (d) February 28
The National Science Day 2019 was observed across India on February 28, 2019 to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (CV Raman). The theme of National Science Day 2019 was “Science for the People and the People for Science.”
7. (c) Both (a) & (b)
Union Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal on February 27, 2019 launched a new facility for Public Viewing of Train Charts and Vacant Berths to enhance travel experience and bring greater transparency for Indian Railway passengers. With this, rail passengers can view the information about reservation chart and vacant berths through IRCTC website.
8. (a) Ministry of Human Resources Development
The Union Minister for Human Resources Development, Prakash Javadekar on February 27, 2019 launched the ‘Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills’ (SHREYAS) for providing industry apprenticeship opportunities to fresh graduates of 2019.
9. (b) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh Government recently declared monkeys as a Vermin species for next one year for eleven districts and 91 tehsils and sub-tehsils due to monkey menace in the state and the damage being caused by them to crops.
10. (a) Science & Technology
On the occasion of National Science Day 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018 to the awardees. The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is named after the founder Director of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Dr. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar.